Bulling

Kim8erly

In the Brooder
May 17, 2023
Louisiana
Ok I have 8 hens and 1 rooster here lately my 2 leg horns s won't go into coop at night well last night I saw one of my other hens trying to fight one , so I just made them go on in well today I poured out some chicken scratch in the yard and one of the Delaware hens went after one of the leg horn

What's pecking orders ?
There is a boss hen under the rooster, then second in command, and down the ladder it goes, sometimes there are challengers that want to move up for whatever reason, and sometimes there are just squabbles. How old are these chickens? Did they ask grow up together? Any changes in their routine/environment?

There is a boss hen under the rooster, then second in command, and down the ladder it goes, sometimes there are challengers that want to move up for whatever reason, and sometimes there are just squabbles. How old are these chickens? Did they ask grow up together? Any changes in their routine/environment?
They will be 4 months on July 20 and yes they grew up together , and no they've been in the same coop since they was about 7 weeks old was in a smaller coop in same yard til then , the coop is really big and so is the yard .

Back
Top Bottom