Bullseye? It's just not possible!

HenPecked_bychildren

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2010
SW Florida
I have never seen a picture of a fertilized egg...isn't that what a bullseye is? I opened up the second egg I've gotten from one of my hens and I noticed this right away. What is it?

49642_001.jpg

We have one little Roo, but he isn't even 8 weeks old yet...

I have read that sometimes you can have a bullseye in a non fertile egg. I guess it is possible he is a natural pre-teen romeo. LOL but It is possible to get a false Pos.

Good Luck and God Bless!

bantams hatched in June(according to the girl I got them from.) I've had them foralmost 3 weeks. Just got my first 2
eggs this week. I don't know from who. lol. All my other chickens are only 7-9 weeks, including the rooster.
004-1.jpg

49642_009.jpg

Ok, you've had them almost three weeks and the previous owner may have had a rooster with them. They can retain fertility for two to three weeks, and in rare cases, longer. So, seems your egg is fertile by the rooster at their previous home.

I've seen my hens continue to lay fertile eggs for 2 months after all roos were gone. The number of fertile eggs decreased over time, but I was still seeing bull's eyes for a long time. Then I got another roo, so I don't know how long it would've taken for all eggs to be infertile.

Back
Top Bottom