Bully chick

Hey! Well.. I had mine separated for over 2 weeks with supervised visits in the brooder. They would be ok for 20-30 min. Then bully would go right back at it. And not let up :/. I ended up rehoming the bully. It broke my heart to do it cause it was so sweet with me. Just not nice to the chicks :/ will bully being separated tho I put a small stuffed animal in with it so it wouldn’t feel alone. My bully never yelled so loud when it was alone.. weather it be the stuffed animal with it??? I don’t know.. maybe it was just a lone chick and liked to be alone.. I do hope this isn’t the case for you!

Hey! Well.. I had mine separated for over 2 weeks with supervised visits in the brooder. They would be ok for 20-30 min. Then bully would go right back at it. And not let up :/. I ended up rehoming the bully. It broke my heart to do it cause it was so sweet with me. Just not nice to the chicks :/ will bully being separated tho I put a small stuffed animal in with it so it wouldn’t feel alone. My bully never yelled so loud when it was alone.. weather it be the stuffed animal with it??? I don’t know.. maybe it was just a lone chick and liked to be alone.. I do hope this isn’t the case for you!
Thanks, @Hope hen ! I made separated the brooder into two areas to make a chicken jail and peace is restored!

Attachments

• 0503200932b.jpg
    0503200932b.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 12
Hey how is everything now? I’m dealing with the exact same thing with my Cochin. They will scratch together but soon she will turn and peck the crap out of the black Orpingtons. I need some help
Everything is going very well! Separating the offending chick, but in the same brooder, worked well enough. After a week or so, they started to spend the days out in the run. With the distractions that came with being outdoors, Pepper wasn't so interested in her sister's eyeballs anymore. 🙌

Back
Top Bottom