Bully drakes

The 'bullies' are very likely trying to gang breed the weaker drake. I'd get rid of him and let the other two have at one another. Drakes are extremely hormonally driven.

Getting rid of the one & keeping the bullies isn’t an option. I have to keep one & rehome the other or rehome both & get a baby duck. I was wanting to know if anyone had this happen & would a bully stop if the partner was gone & it’s just 2 of them.

Getting rid of the one & keeping the bullies isn’t an option. I have to keep one & rehome the other or rehome both & get a baby duck. I was wanting to know if anyone had this happen & would a bully stop if the partner was gone & it’s just 2 of them.
get rid of the main bully and the other two will be friends (all ducks fight a bit for dominance even girls you have to remember)

get rid of the main bully and the other two will be friends (all ducks fight a bit for dominance even girls you have to remember)
I know they fight for dominance, but one runs the nice one out of the pond, chases him around the yard, etc. I just want to make sure the other 2 will get along, before I split the 2 mean ones. Those 2 are brothers.

I know they fight for dominance, but one runs the nice one out of the pond, chases him around the yard, etc. I just want to make sure the other 2 will get along, before I split the 2 mean ones. Those 2 are brothers.
why don’t u just rehome the one that isn’t the brother? siblings who were raised together bond more, my girl who has no siblings is easily independent but the groups of siblings get sad without each other

You could just rehome both of them together if you can't rehome the other one for whatever reason. Although you should probably get another duck first so your other one doesn't have to be lonely. It would be a shame to break up the siblings.

You could just rehome both of them together if you can't rehome the other one for whatever reason. Although you should probably get another duck first so your other one doesn't have to be lonely. It would be a shame to break up the siblings.
yes you could rehome the brothers if you don’t want to rehome the bullied one. get another drake from a rescue (don’t get a duckling because it’ll take too long for them to be able to be together)

Back
Top Bottom