Bully Is Starting Again, Need Ideas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by herfrds, Aug 23, 2010.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Well on Super Bowl Sunday DH was assaulted by this guy who got a slap on the wrist and a deferred sentence.
    The deferred sentence time has passed and the bully has started again.

Saw him last night at the county fair demo derby. He kept flipping DH the "bird", calling him names and making noises at him. The bully was also drinking and doing this in front of his wife and young daughter. (Great example for his kid)
    Now I never knew what this guy looked like until last night.
    He just would not quit. Now I was afraid that he and DH would end up in a fight, so I went over to the deputies that were nearby and told them what was going on and what I was afraid of happening. They pulled the guy aside and told him to knock it off.
    He didn't of course.

What the bully does not know is I had my digital camera with me. When DH had to walk by him to the bathroom I shot video of him heckling DH.

We are pretty sure he or a member of his family were the ones to vandalize our mailbox. Now since almost everyone in the county knows we have built a new house I am worried he will try to do something to it. I wouldn't be surprised.

Right now we have 2 game cameras set up. One on our mailbox and the other just above the new house.

Any other measures we should take? Any suggestions for added security? LEO are around 20-30 minutes out.

Yes Boyd we armed. Yes I want one of those pistols called "The Judge."

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's scary!
    Sorry, I don't have any solution.
    Do you have a large mean looking dog?

Imp- stay safe

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Document everything! Video cameras as well. On Craigslist here yesterday some one had been burguralized, had captured the theft on camera. They posted the pics on CL with a reward offered to anybody who could identify the theives. Seemed like a good idea to have the cameras. Photos of the offending behavior and report any threats, every time for paper trail. If that doesn't work then after a first hit from the offender a GOOD OLE COUNTRY *** KICKING!

4. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Quote:One thing that's guaranteed to make your security useless is to tell everyone on a public forum about it!

Probably the fool is trying to start a fist fight for fun and to cause trouble with the law for your husband. Just keep taking the pics. and otherwise don't react until you have a lot of evidence to take to a lawyer. I'd guess that he's unlikely to trespass on your property.

I don't know about the law in your part of the world but what this guy is doing could amount to a criminal conviction and imprisonment in the UK. If someone behaves in a way that intimidates you three times you can call the police who will immediate arrest him. He will go to Court and his criminal record would do him much more damage than a mere civil law punishment.

5. Marshmallow Man

Marshmallow Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    That's one situation where I would be comfortable with a gun at home. Sounds like a movie. Hope it doesn't escalate.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you guys manage a PO/RO back when the SB incident happened?

If you've got a protective/restraining order then if the guy goes anywhere that you are likely to be (ala home, work, school) then they can haul him in. Doesn't do any good for things like a diner or movie because he can't predict you'll be there (unless that's your work) but it would give you SOMETHING you can do if he shows up on your turf.

But, at least down here... I was told you couldn't get a PO/RO (not sure the difference or which they were talking about) unless the 'something' that made you want one happened recently... if it's been months/years since something, particularly if the person has 'paid their debt' then they won't grant one here until there's a FRESH incident.

Sounds like you just had the fresh incident you need... and while you can't prove he was the vandal you can add that it did happen and that no suspect was charged. That you would feel safer knowing the law is on your side.

He shows up (knowing if he does he's in trouble), you call the cops, and they can arrest him purely for being too close to your home... doesn't even have to DO anything... just being near your land is a crime directly against the court... and then you can charge him with trespassing too.

Maybe he'll take the hint?

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Where the crap are you so I don't EVER move there?!?! You have more trouble than anybody I have ever seen!

8. chicksbestfriend

chicksbestfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    thats great that you got a video, actions are more telling than a thousand words! I would document all the events, file for a restraining order using the video as proof, and carry that protection order around with you everywhere you go. The next time he begins harrassing, it just takes one call, a look at the restraining order, and an arrest is made. I think after awhile of having to appear in court over the harrassment charges, he will get a clue that he isnt going anywhere with this and will eventually stop. Afterall, his power over harrassing your hubby stops with that nice little paper! Best of luck.

9. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Quote:My thoughts exactly!

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I agreee that you need to see about getting a restraining order to keep him away. You have his previous conviction plus the fair incident that you reported to deputies; mailbox? maybe, certainly worth mentioning. Do y'all have any idea why he has decided to focus on your DH? Subsequent charges tend to be less and less of a slap on the wrist.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by