Bully

Leo1

Songster
11 Years
Jul 1, 2011
Saco, Maine
I have a bully hen who I hadn't been able to talk out of it. She torments one of the other girls, who's, actually, about 20% larger than she is. Anyway, she was being relentlessly broody even though I caught it early. So, I took the opportunity to pull her from the flock. It's been almost 48 hours, do we think that's long enough to knock her off her high horse?

I have a bully hen who I hadn't been able to talk out of it. She torments one of the other girls, who's, actually, about 20% larger than she is. Anyway, she was being relentlessly broody even though I caught it early. So, I took the opportunity to pull her from the flock. It's been almost 48 hours, do we think that's long enough to knock her off her high horse?
How much space do you have in the coop and run and what is in the run for enrichment? Or do you free range?
I would let her cook for 72 hours in the clink just to break her broodiness.

How much space do you have in the coop and run and what is in the run for enrichment? Or do you free range?
I would let her cook for 72 hours in the clink just to break her broodiness.
she's just a brat and has no excuse for her ways. 4 hens have 1/3 acre. 4.5 lbs of napoleon hell. And Joey is too easy going to stand up to her 😣

I let her outside, but put her in the run while the others free ranged, which is their normal. She was displeased, to say the least. There was peace in the yard, though, and Joey could relax and enjoy life. She's not in the coop with them either. They have 2 levels of roost and the higher one has room for all of them. Babylon, the bully, won't let Joey on the top one. But, my two alpha hens do, so without Babylon, they are all peacefully roosting on the high roost.

Back
Top Bottom