bumble foot and thanks to Ruth for her guide

magsrags

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Staten Island NY
I want to thank those person's who advised in the Bumblefoot thread on how to care for this problem. I actuall;y did the minor surgery yesterday on my banty polish who is always experiencing some kind of chaos. She is my first bird and my "lemon".
lau.gif
She has put me through my paces with sprains/colds/bumblefoot and now she has a growth I need to likely lance out under her eye...:<( My poor baby...........

Treating the bumblefoot exactly as the picture story written out by Ruth on his thread :
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=236649

I had not a problem!Next to ny blood and it was so much easier than I thought it might turn out to be.
I wrapped Dinner in a towel as advised and spoke to her quietly. She just settled down and went limp and allowed me to treat her like she was an old hand at this. Amazing...really amazing and thanks Ruth for making it a possibility. I was really nervous and now would face this again easily and self assured.
Thanks Ruth!
Maggie

Hi Maggie - I'm just now seeing this thread. I'm so glad you were able to treat your girl - that's why I posted the thread and pictures.

Bumblefoot is so common but can be a scary thing to try and treat. You've shown it can be done. Good job.

Quote:
Well I sure appreciated your advice. Easy to understand for a newbie like me.

Now I need how to find out how to lance a huge/hard boil type thing under her eye that hasn't gone away with other treatments..:<((

Back
Top Bottom