Bumble foot in both feet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PunkinPeep, Sep 19, 2010.

1. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    I've just discovered that my rooster has bumble foot in both feet, and i have read Ruth's wonderful tutorial on fixing it. Thank you, Ruth! Awesome!

Should i do one foot at a time? Or do both feet and get it over with?

I am heavily inclined to do both feet at once so he can get back to being my wonderful rooster asap, but if there's a reason not to, i will try to adjust my attitude.

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I would do both at the same time to get it over with. Sometimes it takes awhile to get them all healed up again so imagine that 2 fold if you opted to do one foot at a time. As long as both feet are wrapped up and stay clean and dry after the "plug removal" along with regular bandage changes and foot soaks every day for at least a week (what worked best for me anyway) they should heal up quick, not so much if you don't get all of the staph out the first time. Ruths advise is wonderful and I couldn't agree with it more [​IMG]

3. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Thank you. That was kind of what i was thinking, but i needed confirmation. I am really really dreading doing this.

4. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Me too!
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by