Bumble foot question please

Grand-hen-ma

Songster
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Hudson Florida
Hello, with all the rain we have been having lately, 10 inches in a week, (we have had over 15 inches in a months time) I have my first case of bumble foot. I read everything I could, watched several videos on the surgery and asked many people all kinds of questions. But tonight I checked Pinky's foot, (I did the surgery yesterday) and I don't think I got out the core. I washed the area and was going to check with the tweezers but her foot seems to be sore. I was wondering if there was something I could use to numb Pinky's foot before I redid the surgery? Also, how long should I wait until I try surgery again?
Pinky is eating, drinking and pooping well. And she doesn't seem to mind her foot being wrapped. Any help is greatly appreciated.

ten chicks

Songster
6 Years
May 9, 2013
MB,Canada
Hello, with all the rain we have been having lately, 10 inches in a week, (we have had over 15 inches in a months time) I have my first case of bumble foot. I read everything I could, watched several videos on the surgery and asked many people all kinds of questions. But tonight I checked Pinky's foot, (I did the surgery yesterday) and I don't think I got out the core. I washed the area and was going to check with the tweezers but her foot seems to be sore. I was wondering if there was something I could use to numb Pinky's foot before I redid the surgery? Also, how long should I wait until I try surgery again?
Pinky is eating, drinking and pooping well. And she doesn't seem to mind her foot being wrapped. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Here is a link,hope this answers your questions. For pain relief you can use a baby aspirin(81mg)give 25 mg per lb of body weight,crush and sprinkle over feed or place in water(may make her drowsy)or purchase Metacam for pain from a vet.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/07/bumblefoot-causes-treatment-warning.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom