Bumble foot question please

Grand-hen-ma

Songster
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Hudson Florida
Hello, with all the rain we have been having lately, 10 inches in a week, (we have had over 15 inches in a months time) I have my first case of bumble foot. I read everything I could, watched several videos on the surgery and asked many people all kinds of questions. But tonight I checked Pinky's foot, (I did the surgery yesterday) and I don't think I got out the core. I washed the area and was going to check with the tweezers but her foot seems to be sore. I was wondering if there was something I could use to numb Pinky's foot before I redid the surgery? Also, how long should I wait until I try surgery again?
Pinky is eating, drinking and pooping well. And she doesn't seem to mind her foot being wrapped. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello, with all the rain we have been having lately, 10 inches in a week, (we have had over 15 inches in a months time) I have my first case of bumble foot. I read everything I could, watched several videos on the surgery and asked many people all kinds of questions. But tonight I checked Pinky's foot, (I did the surgery yesterday) and I don't think I got out the core. I washed the area and was going to check with the tweezers but her foot seems to be sore. I was wondering if there was something I could use to numb Pinky's foot before I redid the surgery? Also, how long should I wait until I try surgery again?
Pinky is eating, drinking and pooping well. And she doesn't seem to mind her foot being wrapped. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Here is a link,hope this answers your questions. For pain relief you can use a baby aspirin(81mg)give 25 mg per lb of body weight,crush and sprinkle over feed or place in water(may make her drowsy)or purchase Metacam for pain from a vet.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/07/bumblefoot-causes-treatment-warning.html

Back
Top Bottom