Bumble foot treatment

Naiva80512

Chirping
Jul 22, 2023
Hi guys..My magpie and pekin ducks both have bumble feet...They can walk and they seems fine but I want to treat these scars on their feet as fast as possible since it can infected the bones...I tried to wash the scars with water and salt and then put some antibiotic ointment on them but they just won't let me to bondage their feet....Is it ok to just put ointment on without wrapping since they just freaked out and they won't let me to hold them?? Is there any other way for treatment besides antibiotic ointments?

Why don't you try to have someone help you get a picture of the bumbles and post that. When I see tiny scabs forming I will use a soft toothbrush and scrub on colorless iodine a couple times a day - making sure they stay out of the water for a little while right afterwards. Bandaging can be tricky at first, but once you get a hang of it and figure out how to hold the duck, it's doable. I've had good success with using this epsom salt poultice and and bandaging, just to draw out the infection: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OE3L8..._5&amp=&crid=1I9FPD6KHYMCI&amp=&sprefix=epsom

Why don't you try to have someone help you get a picture of the bumbles and post that. When I see tiny scabs forming I will use a soft toothbrush and scrub on colorless iodine a couple times a day - making sure they stay out of the water for a little while right afterwards. Bandaging can be tricky at first, but once you get a hang of it and figure out how to hold the duck, it's doable. I've had good success with using this epsom salt poultice and and bandaging, just to draw out the infection: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OE3L8..._5&amp=&crid=1I9FPD6KHYMCI&amp=&sprefix=epsom
I tried that couple of times with my sister but they just won't stay in my hands and I don't like to freak them out and besides that catching them is really hard LoL..They run so fast..I will post a photo tomorrow since it's night here and they probably asleep.. tnx for ur comment

Yes, and hold the duck over your leg, with wings tucked under your arm, or wrapped in a towel. If you decide to bandage I can attach photos to show you a method. But a photo would be helpful to determine whether you even need to go that route.

Back
Top Bottom