Bumble Foot? What to do?

I do not, but I will see what I can do. How long will I need to keep her separated?
Not sure you need to keep her separated,
unless she's being picked on or your environment is very wet and filthy.
Depends on how well you can wrap the wound and might have to change bandage more often.

Not sure you need to keep her separated,
unless she's being picked on or your environment is very wet and filthy.
Depends on how well you can wrap the wound and might have to change bandage more often.
I have never separated my bumble ladies, whether it was a surgical removal or non surgical. Wrap well, use a small piece of duck tape to hold down the Vetwrap (yes, they will pick at it!)

Soak the foot in warm water first may have to do it a few times you want to pry off the scab
Soak in Epsom salts with the warm water, but don’t the her drink it...causes diArrhea. Then work at the scab, hopefully it, and the kernel will come out on it’s own! Then some Neosporin, Blu Kote and bandages.. I use vet wrap..changing daily...good luck!! :). Mine usually heal up quickly and within less than a week you. Don’t even know!!

I have watched so many youtube videos and read all the comments and articles I could find, and also the advice from you kind people.
This bumble on her toe was not as easy as I thought to take care of.
1. I read that Prid would help dry out and pull out the bumble. So yesterday I soaked her foot in epsom salt bath for 10 min. put the Prid on and wrapped her foot, and left it there for 24 hours.
2. Today I soaked her foot again for 10 min. But her bumble was always flat to her foot, not lifted like all the pictures and videos I have seen when the birds have the scab on the bottom of their feet.
3. I tried as gently as I could to loosen the scab and pull it off, but of course, nothing comes easy for me usually, so I ended up having to pull the bumble with tweezers until I thought I got it all. It was not a little hard rock, it was quite pliable under the scab.
4. I did however see a little "root" I think, and I pulled out. But I kept seeing whitish inside the wound, so I kept trying to pull with the tweezers. I think I got everything, but as I was tweezing I was praying I wasn't pulling on any of the healthy tissue underneath. I kept hearing in my head someone said "if you don't get it all you will need to do it again"
5. Some puss came out, and it started to bleed, now I am feeling absolutely awful for poor Opal.
6. I was told to put the Prid drawing salve in the hole and bandage her toe back up, but now I am second guessing...there is too many different ways of doing this....should I have put blue kote or neosporin or will this prid help? now my head is spinning.
7. After all this I watched another video (I gotta stop doing this) and some girls cured their bumble on a toe with nothing but blue kote and a bandage and it cured itself. (what I did, was it wrong?)
8. I keep telling myself, I did the best I could, without really knowing what i was doing. I hope it heals with no issues....I don't ever want to see another bumble again.
Thanks for all of your advice. If you have any more advice to share, please do!

If you have a dollar store they sell triple antibiotic no pain killer getting harder to find it in pharmacies without pain killer

If you have a dollar store they sell triple antibiotic no pain killer getting harder to find it in pharmacies without pain killer
Good suggestion, I didn't realized until all this that chickens cannot have certain pain killers that are in some antibiotics. I am going to the dollar store tomorrow and look, it will be good to have on hand. Lucky I remember I had purchased some Vetericyn for my daughter in laws dog, so I borrowed it back, ha!

Back
Top Bottom