I just spent over an hour trying (the key word is "trying") to perform surgery on one of my hens who has bumble foot. She has a huge knot on the top of her foot, but she also had what appeared to be a scab on the pad of her foot. I cut that scab off just to find absolutely nothing underneath. Then I cut around the scab on the top lump and got some infection out. I feel like I didn't get nearly all of it though. Soaked it while pushing on it like I read about doing and also dug around with tweezers, but it got to the point where it looked like I was pulling out tissue, not infection. I finally decided to just put some colloidal silver down in it and some vetericyn and wrapped it up. I feel like I completely failed at helping her though.