Bumble Foot?

ruby2zdaze

Chirping
Jul 16, 2016
Orange County CA
Thinking this is bumble foot, but she's acting fine & not limping. 1st time dealing with this as this is our 1st backyard flock. This is my son's baby!

Is this contagious to our other 3 hens or to humans?
We just ordered some iodine to do a iodine and sugar wrap. If the scab has no crusty edge, do we still need to pull it off or is this just the beginning so just a soak and wrap may help?
Thank you in advance. :)
Our plan was to soak it in a bath, iodine & sugar wrap.

Attachments

• 20170609_075157.jpg
    20170609_075157.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 42
  • 20170609_075220.jpg
    20170609_075220.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 15
I've got a duck with bumblefoot and I've been looking at how to treat it. I have read about the clear iodine but I haven't read anything about a sugar wrap. Can you tell me more about this please?

We were searching last night and read that you mix iodine with sugar to a peanut butter consistency. Slap it on and wrap it up. We were also thinking Manuka honey.
We're just not sure if this is her regular footing, because she's not limping and we don't feel any type of "scab".

I've got a duck with bumblefoot and I've been looking at how to treat it. I have read about the clear iodine but I haven't read anything about a sugar wrap. Can you tell me more about this please?

Back
Top Bottom