Bumble foot

Chickenslol

Songster
Sep 26, 2020
idk man, no clue
I have a chicken who has had bumble foot for a few days. Yesterday we went in and removed the top scab and today when we went to check it had not drained so we went in and removed the rest of the scab. There was no plug under the scab which makes me nervous, we bandaged her up and put her out and she is now panting heavily and in much pain, she isn’t putting any weight on that foot and is barely walking. We cannot give her aspirin as she is actively bleeding. Any ideas to ease pain?

Last edited:
Pictures would be great, I would stop the bleeding asap, probably with pressure. If you decide to wrap the foot make sure that bloodflow is still getting to the toes.

A799E7F7-7F5F-4943-985C-6DB471A5E3BF.jpeg
6F5C8565-23CA-4141-9795-9FAFDF99070E.jpeg
1A52B12B-48AD-4BB3-BF47-6DE6EA115CDC.jpeg
47BC5CF0-FB1B-494C-93C5-2F166281AB13.jpeg
D7D07EEB-22FF-47F0-B731-0CAAA9C34925.jpeg

Was she walking and acting normal before you treated the foot?

I'm not sure why she would be acting that way with the removal of a scab.

I think she may have more going on. Has she laid an egg?

Was she walking and acting normal before you treated the foot?

I'm not sure why she would be acting that way with the removal of a scab.

I think she may have more going on. Has she laid an egg?
Dude I just got back from a trip and my mom was treating her like this. She said she was limping, yes she laid an egg two days ago, not yesterday, we’ll see about today. She had bumble foot on both feet apparently?? But after soaking she could scratch one scab off. Her foot is pretty healed now it’s just a matter of the bandages making her feel like she can’t put her foot under her. I’m hoping we can remove them today and see if she’s able to walk without the bandages. Nothing on the leg looks swollen and her feet look exactly the same

Back
Top Bottom