Bumble foot

Dude!
Wrap the foot correctly so she can walk. Plenty of youtube videos on how to wrap a chicken's foot. Wrappings should not inhibit a bird from walking.
Ok I think I’ve figured it out. The bandages don’t inhibit her walking, because when I took them off today she still put no weight on that foot. She keeps walking on her hock joint and it looks like the scales are worn off on that area but not the other. It’s very tender and I think she might have something going on with that tendon. I’ve rewrapped it fifteen different times since I got home it doesn’t matter it’s something with her leg that’s painful

Oh no :(

Can you get some photos of the scales on her foot?

Hopefully she's just really stressed, but I think she may have something else going on.
Removing a bumblefoot scab should not be causing this.

11055D6C-F88F-4E82-A810-703603A7B6D3.jpeg
6441FD60-83EB-4D19-9D46-B83FFBC9ACA0.jpeg
5EC2CA98-6D50-4795-9DC8-46925F73D16B.jpeg
0E98CFDB-F453-481E-A6AB-2400B17FF681.jpeg

Oh no :(

Can you get some photos of the scales on her foot?

Hopefully she's just really stressed, but I think she may have something else going on.
Removing a bumblefoot scab should not be causing this.
She can move the foot, just not much. I’m splinting it later tonight to stabilize her and get her used to walking normally and not on her hocks. She can definitely move, but she prefers to just sit. She can get to food when she needs to so I’m not super concerned except that she’s at the bottom of the pecking order. If I put her in with the others now she will definitely get attacked so I need to at least ensure she is mobile.

So she's not been mobile for a while.

You can try placing her in sling to help get her more upright.

She may be suffering from a reproductive disorder or disease like Marek's. Hard to know unless you lose her and have a necropsy.

I would try offering vitamin therapy to see if that helps. A vitamin like Poultry Cell would be good to give.

So she's not been mobile for a while.

You can try placing her in sling to help get her more upright.

She may be suffering from a reproductive disorder or disease like Marek's. Hard to know unless you lose her and have a necropsy.

I would try offering vitamin therapy to see if that helps. A vitamin like Poultry Cell would be good to give.
I think we have a broken or dislocated hock joint, vet on Thursday

Back
Top Bottom