Bumble foot?

Jul 26, 2022
West Virginia
Hello, I am a new chicken mom.
So my chicken betty ( blue laced gold Wyandotte) has a scab looking thing on each of her feet, and they both have dirt in them. So I took one of her feet pulled the dirt out , and cleaned it up, there was no blood , puss, just an indent type thing. So I bandaged her foot . I don’t know if I should do it to the other foot, but I did clean it , and bandage it ( just didn’t pull the dirt out). I will put a picture below. So I am wondering if it is bumble foot. And also what I should do to the other foot.

Attachments

• CB7AE81A-1E8C-433E-9619-90401B367301.jpeg
    CB7AE81A-1E8C-433E-9619-90401B367301.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 11
Honestly this looks like a bruise. But it could be bumble foot, tho. This looks like a very early bumble foot. Is she limping?? Heres an article on how to treat bumble foot. HERE

It looks small and benign. I would leave her be and keep an eye on it until it really needs fixing. Bandage only if there's an open wound. Mine had a bumble slightly bigger that that and it just disappeared!

Definitely looks like bumblefoot. It doesn't seem too bad, but the pad is quite red, which could be the infection or maybe just from you cleaning it? I'd soak off both scabs if possible. The wound looks small enough that you could take the wait and watch approach to see if she heals on her own, but nothing wrong with helping her out by bandaging it imo if that's something you can do. Either way keep an eye out for the foot pad getting redder and more swollen--sometimes antibiotics are needed.

Back
Top Bottom