Bumble Foot?

I just wanted to give everyone an update. I took my chooks to the vet and he said their feet arent too bad (he had seem much worse) he basically said just give them nice soft bedding and apply an antiseptic cream to their feet everyday and it should soften the sore so that it falls off.
Half of the scap on both feet of one chicken has come off and for the other chicken the sore has turned into s scap that has lifted from the skin and cracked in the middle so i think it will fall off very soon.
I know this is a slower healing process but it saves alot of pain for them i think. I will let everyone know what the end result is.

I used a cream called savlon not sure if u have that in America? The vet did say you could also use a vitamin e cream:) but I do think an anti septic cream would probably work best. So maybe even detol as well.

Last edited:
My Rhode Island Red rooster had obvious bumble foot. We cut out the scab and got a descent size nugget out, but how do we know if we got it all out. We worked at it and squeeze for about 45 mins nothing more seemed to be coming so we wrapped his foot and put him in a dog create for the night. How do we know if we got it?

Back
Top Bottom