Bumblefoot and some other problems

Jessicanentwich

Chirping
Nov 16, 2016
So I went out of town for a few days and when I got back, one of my hens was laying on the ground and couldn't move around too well. Of course our rooster had been mating her as many times as he could since she couldn't get away. She has a shallow flesh wound on her back from his spurs, and when I examined her feet, I noticed a telltale bumblefoot scab. No idea how long she had it, but I didn't notice any problems with her when I left. I did the surgery on her foot, cleaned it all out and it looks good. Back injury is healing too. She is not eating or drinking on her own but will eat anything I put in her mouth. She can stand but falls over so she is just sitting in one spot. Any tips to get her feeling better? She sounds a little sniffly and seems to be breathing heavily in kind of a heaving motion. I am doing homemade pedialyte and soaked cat food. Any tips appreciated! I hatched her from an egg so I want to give her a chance at survival. Pic of her pretty face attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181102-125839.png
    Screenshot_20181102-125839.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
I am sorry she isn't feeling too well.

Do her legs work?
How many days have you been home/how long has she been like this?

Her legs do work (she will try to hop away but is wobbly and falls) I did the surgery the evening of thr 31st about an hour after I found her. She is more alert and makes noise when I grab her but isn't walking better yet

Her legs do work (she will try to hop away but is wobbly and falls) I did the surgery the evening of thr 31st about an hour after I found her. She is more alert and makes noise when I grab her but isn't walking better yet
Can you upload a short video of how she tries to YouTube?

Back
Top Bottom