Ok thanks yall. I have started soaking and wrapping 2 times a day. I flush out the cut every time before wrapping it with iodine and vetricyn. (the vet cut it open and pulled some infection out) i have a feeling there is more infection tho. I'm fighting for her. I notice she is shaking/twitching her wings and preening herself a lot. I have a feeling she has a bigger issue. Any suggestions to any treatment for that? Do I get an antibiotic from Tractor Supply or what? I have been giving her colloidal silver which acts as a natural antiviral and antibiotic. I also am giving her some Vit C in her water to boost her immune system.

I know he has worked on ducks before but he specializes in equines. I wasnt super happy with what he said to do but ya know I cant change it now. He said leave the wound open to drain for five days and just soak and flush the wound. He said just leave it as long as shes in a dry environment....Well I can make it dry but in like 2.5 seconds they spill their water everywhere and spread their waste all over. I dont really want the open wound to get full of shavings and poop if ya know what I mean....Plus im in a cast right now and cant spot clean all the time. I really am worried about my girl. Should I let her swim in a clean pool? Could that help with the excessive preening and shaking? Or should I look at getting her meds? Or should I look at having a different vet out? I'm super afraid I'll lose her 😭 Shes only 7 months old too

Can you call the vet and ask for antibiotics? Or a follow up visit?
Yes I texted him and he said we can come get Amoxicillin for her and her mate (who is also showing signs of illness). It can help with her bumblefoot and whatever illness they have right?

Yes I texted him and he said we can come get Amoxicillin for her and her mate (who is also showing signs of illness). It can help with her bumblefoot and whatever illness they have right?
As long as it's a bacterialinfection, yes. It won't work on viruses or fungal infection. It will def help bumblefoot.

Back
Top Bottom