I completely agree with getting the baytril. Maybe your current vet will give you another anitbiotic. You can ask him for baytril instead. I would also ask if he can consult with an avian vet on the proper treatment.

If you can get the baytril from him, I would keep up the amoxicillin until you can get some baytril (Enrofloxacin).

You can also see if those vets you called before do emergency treatment. They may take a new patient that way, but it would cost a lot more.

You can also see if the person who helped you last time will help again. Offer some food, beer, money or such for their help. There are a lot of people who would seriously consider working for free food.

I completely agree with getting the baytril. Maybe your current vet will give you another anitbiotic. You can ask him for baytril instead. I would also ask if he can consult with an avian vet on the proper treatment.

If you can get the baytril from him, I would keep up the amoxicillin until you can get some baytril (Enrofloxacin).

You can also see if those vets you called before do emergency treatment. They may take a new patient that way, but it would cost a lot more.

You can also see if the person who helped you last time will help again. Offer some food, beer, money or such for their help. There are a lot of people who would seriously consider working for free food.
Yeah. Ok Will do. You mean the vet that helped me before? Yeah Imma prolly text him.....

The emergency clinic said to call back in 3-4 hours and I might be able to get me in. We'll have to drive and pay more....but at this point.....idk i wanna help her.
Looking back I notice that doesnt sound right lol I meant I love her so much and want to help her.

1635004345038.png
Should I order this on like same day shipping? Or get it from a vet?

Baytril is 5mG per 1lb twice a day for 5 days, 7 days max. Specifically for 10% baytril .05mL per 1lb.
He said to give her one and a half of the tablets he has once a day till they are gone. I haven't counted them yet but I can. Not sure what size or percentage they are. I'm going to attempt to pull out the most infection crud that I can after soaking and then rewrap her. I have 1-2 helpers right now so I'm gonna try to get as much out as possible. Any suggestions on holding the duck still? I know it can be very bad to hold them on their backs since it puts too much pressure on their lungs and heart, so we haven't been.....But its a struggle! She ended up flinging blood and iodine all over! Even a bit in my mouth🤢 Its just a big struggle!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom