Bumblefoot on top of toe

all4truth31

Hatching
Jan 14, 2020
Around 3 weeks ago my husband cut this bumblefoot out and we treated and wrapped for over two weeks and even gave antibiotics l. It never got better so we took to vet where he chipped off some on the top. He said it looks like infection may be to the bone but wasn't sure. He sent him home with more antibiotics and I'm starting to wrap it again and soak in epsom salt and warm water and decided to try drawing salve and honey this time.. he said do this for two weeks and if not better that he could cut the toe off? Can this toe be saved or is it to late? The scab is sooo hard and so deep even after soaking in Epsom salt water it's still pretty hard. :(

Attachments

• E6684DAF-86D7-40A6-A1FE-D828B2CCEB7C.jpeg
    E6684DAF-86D7-40A6-A1FE-D828B2CCEB7C.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 19
The toe appears it may be auto-amputating. Notice the dark tip behind the nail. It's a drawn out process, but the chicken won't sicken and die from it. Once the chicken's body shuts off the blood supply to the damaged tissue, it will dry up and fall off on its own. Your vet does not need to surgically remove it.

The toe appears it may be auto-amputating. Notice the dark tip behind the nail. It's a drawn out process, but the chicken won't sicken and die from it. Once the chicken's body shuts off the blood supply to the damaged tissue, it will dry up and fall off on its own. Your vet does not need to surgically remove it.
The toe or the scab will fall off on it's on? How does the Bumblefoot not spread then? Do I continue cleaning it and bet wrapping it? He has one more week of antibiotics and today when debreeding I see something white and hard like a bone so I'm gonna stop debreeding,,, it just looks like dead skin.. any advice I don't want him in pain

The toe or the scab will fall off on it's on? How does the Bumblefoot not spread then? Do I continue cleaning it and bet wrapping it? He has one more week of antibiotics and today when debreeding I see something white and hard like a bone so I'm gonna stop debreeding,,, it just looks like dead skin.. any advice I don't want him in pain
How is he doing? I have a boy with ? Bumble on 2 toes but they are small bumps and not black sores like traditional.
Maybe a microscopic opening let germs in.
Hes also got the black sore on the pad.

Back
Top Bottom