1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bumblefoot or something else?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by countrychix, Sep 25, 2015.

1. countrychix

countrychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Frewsburg, NY
    I have a hen whose foot pad is swollen along with the webbing between her toes. We soaked her foot, drained pus from between her middle and right toe, and applied antibiotic cream. I can't feel anything other that the swelling and there are no scabs other than from the small incision we made. This is day 3. I can't get a picture as I my husband and I are working opposite shifts, I can only say that it looks like many of the bumble foot pics on-line minus the scab. I hesitate to cut her foot open as I don't know where to be looking. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
  3. countrychix

countrychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Frewsburg, NY
    Thank you so much for the links! I was unable to find the product locally so I placed an order on-line and it should be here early next week. Luckily she is not limping despite the swelling and doesn't seem to be in pain. I sure hope it works. Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by