Bumblefoot tips

sophieharkins

Chirping
Jul 8, 2017
I’ve got a pekin with some Bumblefoot and I’ve been wrapping her feet but it’s hard Bc her feet are little flippers and I feel like im taping her toes together in an unnatural way. Any tips to wrap the foot right?

Hi! One of my ducks has bumblefoot, and I've been using styrofoam to keep the foot from folding in. ( I started with some egg cartons, which were thin so I taped 2 layers together, the next time I found thicker styrofoam, from a take-out container). I cut out ducky-foot shapes, trimmed to fit her feet, put a piece of gauze between it and her foot, and bandaged it on with vet wrap. (I cut a long 4 inch wide piece of vet wrap into 3 strips).
Hope that helps! I'll see about finding a picture.

Hi! One of my ducks has bumblefoot, and I've been using styrofoam to keep the foot from folding in. ( I started with some egg cartons, which were thin so I taped 2 layers together, the next time I found thicker styrofoam, from a take-out container). I cut out ducky-foot shapes, trimmed to fit her feet, put a piece of gauze between it and her foot, and bandaged it on with vet wrap. (I cut a long 4 inch wide piece of vet wrap into 3 strips).
Thank you!! Very helpful

Good suggestion!

Here's my model, Prim!
IMG_4795.JPG

I've been treating one of my pekins with bumble that was pretty bad with vet help and she said to keep pressure off the area so we have cut a sponge to have a hole in the center and keeps her webs pretty open. Also if you are using vet wrap as long as it isn't tooo tight the vet wrap will stretch and allow the webs to open back up with their weight.

Back
Top Bottom