Bumblefoot?

Begoniasgirls

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2016
Mentone, ca
I'm new here to BYC and I have a favorite hen Lily who I'm thinking may have Bumblefoot. I am not sure both her feet are inflamed, swollen and red, but not hot to the touch. Nothing is on the bottom of her feet just on top and on the lower leg. She is not wanting to eat much and just keeps to her self with her eyes closed. I have read about tricide neo and have ordered it but will have to await for arrival. In the mean time I've been soaking her feet in warm water and Epsom salts, applied vetericyn. There doesn't seem to be the tell tale signs of the black scab so I'm not exactly sure it's bumblefoot. So I'm here asking for opinions advise any help I would much appreciate.

Welcome to BYC.
It looks like she may have some bumblefoot and scaly leg mites.

Continue to soak in epsom salts, for the scaly leg, apply some vaseline, coconut oil or a+d ointment or use one of the methods in the link below.
Once you get the tricide neo continue with that.

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/03/scaly-leg-mites-in-chickens.html

Thank you so much for the reply and advice. I received the tricide neo today and will start with that treatment. I never thought about it being scaly mites. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that the tricide neo works. She's such a sweet hen! Thanks again!!!

I'm sad to say my sweet girl Lily died today
1f622.png
. Her feet seem to be getting better with the tricide neo. It might of been something else along with the bumble foot. She seemed to just give up.

Back
Top Bottom