Bumblefoot

Rese70

Hatching
Feb 12, 2021
Hey All
I have a hen that is suffering from what I now know as Bumble foot.
I have watched a bunch of youtube videos regarding home care for her but am not sure I can lance each foot and pull the "corn" out.
I am soaking her feet in epsom salt. Yesterday I was able to use tweezers and pull the initial scab off the bottom of the feet but after using PRID and wrapping her feett, I find today that her feet look like I never did any of that.

SOS. Please, I ask for any help possible. I dont think we can afford a vet but if anyone knows of someone please let me know

THank you
Sherese

Can you please post a picture? First, I soak her foot in Epsom salt. I spray some Veterycin and put some Vaseline. Then I wrap it in gauze. It makes it softer, and I try to take out the kernel a little bit at a time. Sometimes it comes out all in one! But that’s what I do, let’s see if anyone else has any other suggestions! 🙂

Pictures would be helpful. Most of the time this can be treated at home, if you are up for it. It can take some time for it to heal depending on size and depth. If we can see it, it's easier to recommend how to treat this particular case. Cutting is not always necessary.

Pictures would be helpful. Most of the time this can be treated at home, if you are up for it. It can take some time for it to heal depending on size and depth. If we can see it, it's easier to recommend how to treat this particular case. Cutting is not always necessary.
Thank you! I will post a picture in a few

Hey All
I have a hen that is suffering from what I now know as Bumble foot.
I have watched a bunch of youtube videos regarding home care for her but am not sure I can lance each foot and pull the "corn" out.
I am soaking her feet in epsom salt. Yesterday I was able to use tweezers and pull the initial scab off the bottom of the feet but after using PRID and wrapping her feett, I find today that her feet look like I never did any of that.

SOS. Please, I ask for any help possible. I dont think we can afford a vet but if anyone knows of someone please let me know

THank you
Sherese
I have a hen who is dealing with this for the third time. Ihave made a makeshift place for her in spare bathtub. Once a day I soak her feed in epsom sale, dry them, then put an oitment on them and wrap them with a gause pad and hold it on with vet rap. They will eventually all fall off but it takes a little while. Also, I read that she should be in a clean chix house.

Back
Top Bottom