Bumblefoot??

TinaandJohnny

Chirping
Aug 23, 2022
Hey! So I posted a few days ago about my duck limping and having a slightly swollen knee. He was fine yesterday and now today was limping again. So I decided to check for bumblefoot and this is what I found. First I felt it then struggled to actually get a photo of it. Please anyone let me know what you think.
I don’t mess around with something happens to my ducks. The vet is closed today but I’m calling them first thing tomorrow to see if I can get him in. It’s very sad to see him limping around because they are such energetic fellows. But this might be the cause of the swollen knee.

Attachments

• BE517845-49D7-4A76-A7D3-168A7B5E1A61.jpeg
    BE517845-49D7-4A76-A7D3-168A7B5E1A61.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 21
That could very well be bumble it has the scab. You might get by with soaking in Warm Epsom salt water until you can easily peel off the scab, then either the kernel will come off attached to the scab or you'll have to pick it out then pack with antibiotic ointment wrap and wait for it to heal. Soaking usually takes many days before the scab comes off without tearing healthy skin. Not sure if this has to do with the knee I am thinking his jumping off the deck is doing that.
Of course taking him to the vet is always rec. Not many of us have any vets that will see poultry.

Back
Top Bottom