1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bummer :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SterlingAcres, May 30, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Boogie died last night. I have no idea what from. I came up stairs after the boys were in bed, 3 hours later it was stiff as a board.
    #4 NoName, is still doing good. Not even close to fluffy yet though. ::sigh::

[​IMG]

2. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm sorry for your loss.

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I'm sorry Shellie ... it's so hard to lose a chick. It just seems to be even harder when there doesn't seem to be a reason.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sorry about your chick. Is this the one you helped hatch? If it is, that is one of the main reasons I try never to assist a chick to hatch. Usually there is a reason they can't make it out on their own and the few I did help in the past ended up dying in the first few days anyway. I know some find it cold hearted ( and believe me I'm NOT a cold hearted person) but if they can't hatch on their own I have to just walk away and let mother nature take over.

5. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    I'm so sorry Shellie. [​IMG] :aww

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by