Bump above eye

Airilith

Songster
10 Years
Sep 28, 2009
Eastern Shore, VA
Elmo, my RIR roo, has developed a bump above his eye. It's been there for about a month, and seems to not bother him. I don't think it's getting bigger, but if it is, it's doing it very, very slowly. It kinda seems like you might be able to pop it, but I'm kinda scared to try.

My question is whether you would leave it alone, or try popping it?

Here are pictures:

100_4829.jpg

100_4830.jpg

And the other eye for reference:

100_4832.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it has a head on it like a pimple, so i wouldn't try popping it. Could it have been a tick bite that swelled up?

How easy is he to handle? You can always try holding a warm wet washcloth on it for 5-10 minutes. It will bring help it to a head, if its some type of infection. If not, it wont hurt.

He's actually very easy to hold. And he loves any excuse to be allowed in the house. I'll have to try that.

As long as it doesn't grow any larger, I don't see it causing a problem. I just think it would be annoying. And he's the best roo ever. He takes great care of the girls, keeps the other 2 roos in line, and is sweet to me. So I want him happy and healthy.

Absolute wouldn't 'pop' it, 'cause you're not sure what it is (not that I am, either ~'-)
It's most probably bacterial, and you could get it into his eye that way. And, it could be viral. I'd isolate him, and watch your entire flock closely.

Back
Top Bottom