Bump On Hen’s Eye

Can you gather her up and see if she may have a tick as well?
If possible, get someone to take some photos of her eye while you are holding her - it looks crusty(?)
Yes I can try. She’s very squirmy, and i do remember her eye looking somewhat crusted.

53E675A8-1EDF-487C-B710-37978BEE9461.jpeg 02CEE23D-B447-4E5E-9628-5C260D0E2505.jpeg 82592242-C43C-4434-9D86-EB91DA6AC66D.jpeg This is my Amerucauna hen’s eye bump. It doesn’t seem to bother her and she’s had it for about 3 months

I couldn’t get the picture today, but i found a tick right above the bump. Maybe this was causing an inflammation? I’ll give it a couple days and see if anything changes because she’s still acting normally.

I couldn’t get the picture today, but i found a tick right above the bump. Maybe this was causing an inflammation? I’ll give it a couple days and see if anything changes because she’s still acting normally.
I'm glad you found the tick! You may want to check her and the others over really well to see if they have any more. Dusting or spraying your birds with Permethrin may be needed to help control the ticks if you find more.

For the eye, hopefully the swelling will go down. I would dab a little triple antibiotic ointment on the place where you removed the tick.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom