Bumpy Broodies...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Lately, It seems like once a week I go to to the coop and find babies, either in the run, coop or under someone. [​IMG] Well today my mom was here and we were out with the birds. she went to the coop to check on the big ones and found a little baby laying in the floor, looking dead! [​IMG] i grabbed her & we quickly checked the nests and found 3 more and a couple eggs, we brought everyone inside, put the good babies in the brooder and the eggs and the very very cold & still baby in the incubator.

FINGERS CROSSED we said

We went back out to do some yard work and came back in an hour later to a very fat, happy, content & sleepy little cutie pie. i was beyond relieved, she looks just like my favorite Silver hen, Lilly. I obviously HAVE to keep her now [​IMG]

(will get pics up as soon as I move her to the brooder)

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    What a lucky find...

Its so much easier to keep track of time when you use an incubator....But only when you record the dates...I have eggs I thought werent due until next weekend...I was so sure...But the air cells were huge...Sure enough I checked the calander and I had written it down. I popped the eggs into the hatcher..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by