Bunnies

Ricks Chicks

Songster
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
Leicester, Massachusetts
It is a mirical. I bought 3 male bunnies last summer and this morning I have 6 babby bunnies.
roll.png
I have not payed to much attention to the nest box. I go out every morning to feed,water and pet the bunnies. They come to the door when they here me coming. This morning I noticed a little one bouncing around the pen, that is when I opened the nest box to find 5 more. not sure how old the are. small enough to fit in my hand with full fur. Is there anything special I am suposed to do for them? I stopped at the feed store on my way home and they were no help.

Thanks
Rick

if they have full fur and just opened eyes they are 'bout 2 weeks old. If they have fluffy full fur and are coordinated enough to walk around capably (sp?) they are about 3 weeks old. How cute!! I love bby bunnies!!

ROFL, my hubby thought i was nutty when I did a testies check right away when he brought home the two we have. I was determined not to have a litter. But sounds like yours are adorable, little fluffies. Congrats. As far as what else to do...It seems mom pretty much has things under control thus far. They sound to be between 2 and 3 weeks old. I'd make sure to read up on her nutritional needs, watch her water intake and protect them from weather. Good luck and enjoy!

Another thing you will probably want to do is seperate the female and babies from the males. If she is not already pregnant she will be soon and you will have more babies. Their numbers can get out of control really fast.

Back
Top Bottom