bunnies

Shoot! I should have added- make sure if you use compressed pine pellets that it is kiln dried! Horse pellets work fine as long as they are kiln dried.

I just thought about that when my daughters were cleaning our litter and thought I should have said that!!

This is what the inside of my bunny house will look like
1613862827263.png
1613862877990.png

I love all the info I might rescue some it depends how old
It's best to get one that's older since then you don't have to go through the teenage phase and they'll already be fixed. And you can get an already bonded pair that way too.

At the rescues in my area I've seen some as young as six months, and some as old as 8 years.

It's best to get one that's older since then you don't have to go through the teenage phase and they'll already be fixed. And you can get an already bonded pair that way too.

At the rescues in my area I've seen some as young as six months, and some as old as 8 years.
Thats cool I kinda wanted a really young baby at mine I’ve seen them up for grabs at two weeks would it like me more

Thats cool I kinda wanted a really young baby at mine I’ve seen them up for grabs at two weeks would it like me more
Two weeks?????
That's way too young to be selling babies at. Not to mention how hard it is to keep them alive from bottle feeding.
They should be at least 6 weeks old.

Since you're bunnies will be outside of your house I really recommend getting a pair. Rabbits are very social so it's best to have two. Bonding them whomever can be a difficult process, and if it doesn't work out one will need to be rehomed or they'll need separate housing. Rescues often bond them before hand which allows you to skip that whole process.
But rabbits can only be bonded once they've past their teenage phase (since hormones kick in and they can become aggressive and territorial) and they've been fixed (they'll be much nicer and their litter habits will improve).

I recommend you check out 101Rabbits and Lennon the Bunny on YouTube. They both have tons of great info on everything bunny!

Please don't get babies that young. They are near impossible to bottle feed and the mortality rate is so, so high. They can get a million illnesses that young, not to mention diarrhea from the formula which is fatal in rabbits. Get one a bit older. Just because the babies are cute, doesn't mean you'll get one with a good personality. You could hand raise one and still have it kick the ever loving crap out of you or run from you.

I love all the info I might rescue some it depends how old
If you're just having them as pets, rescues are a great way to go! Or I always love the idea of giving a bunny a second chance.

If you look around shelters, I'm sure you could find a young one that isn't too young but not too old. My one girl I got wasn't even quite a year old I don't think when I got her from the shelter. I don't think they knew her exact age, but I think it was around 6 months or so.

I am actually really angry that a rescue would offer 2 week old bunnies.

The reason I said earlier that breeding is hard is because it's easy to get a momma pregnant, but baby rabbits are SO fragile. If you don't have a good doe, your litter is at risk of all dying because even experienced breeders often can't save rejected kits.

Was it two weeks or two months?
At two weeks, a bunny still needs to be nursing from its mother.
But two MONTHS is a fine age to get a bunny.
have them live out side any tips

EDIT: i live in reno so i have snow and heat

For cold weather:
--make sure they have water available
Either replace it frequently, or have a heated dish
Bowls or crocks are better than water bottles in freezing weather, because the little tube on the bottle freezes so fast, and then they cannot get a drink even if the water inside the bottle is still liquid.

--make sure they have a place to sit out of the wind.
They probably do not need heat, just something like a wooden box with hay inside.

--make sure they have enough food.
Of course you don't want them to get too fat, but they do need to eat more in cold weather.

Back
Top Bottom