Bunny has the sniffles

meggers32

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Mt. Vernon, WA
Hi everyone,

I think I might have a sick little bunny here. He is a Silver Fox and about 31/2 mo old, and he has recently started sneezing and not hopping around like he normally does. He tends to wobble a bit while trying to hop, like he is off balance. He is not "kicking up his heals" like he normally does either. This morning, I saw that his droppings were a little wet, but that could be too many greens, my kids have been helping feed the rabbits. I could be making a mountain out of a mole hill but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

I always panic when my bunny is under the weather, because they are so very delicate. I always err on the side of caution and ring my vet when there is trouble.
You may also want to check out www.rabbit.org - it's the House Rabbit Society's site and it is very informative. Another good site for medical stuff is www.medirabbit.com.
Wet/squishy poops are a bad sign - be sure bunny is getting plenty of good Timothy hay. If she stops pooping altogether, she is in bowel stasis and that can very quickly turn deadly - off to the vet you go!

I belong to arba and I suggest that you go there and read up on snuffels. Sounds like your bunny has a cold. Going to the vet would be a very good idea. And seperate it from any other rabbits if you have any.

Good luck
hmm.png

When I brought my Angora, Binky, home, he had a goopy eye and sneezed a lot. The vet said to keep him separate from the other bunnny. She gave him a shot, started oral antibiotics and antibiotic eye drops. He is much better now, no more sneezing. I keep a close eye on him.

My other rabbit, although she shared quarters with him before I brought them home, has not been ill at all. Fiesty, acutally!!

Back
Top Bottom