Bunny pen

I was thinking just the green area I have a blanket I can put there so that I can still climb over on the yellow part
Foam boards are stiff and stay put. If you try to drape a blanket over the cage and the right side of that enclosure it's going to sink in and fall.

I don't understand why you would think this.

I'm thinking If there was more room and you were able to put the hay in something they wouldn't have to stand on top of it to eat it and pee in the same spot.
That’s why I would want to buy the puppy pads cause I don’t have any litter in there

That’s why I would want to buy the puppy pads cause I don’t have any litter in there
Girl get some litter.
You can try a puppy pad but I don't think it's going to work out too well.

Also you know what I was just thinking... I would move the litter box into the corner of that wall.
I'm not sure if it's true or not but I've read that bunnies like to use the bathroom in a corner area.

I would without a doubt put some type of litter in the box and think about putting the hay in something before you put it in the litter box.

Oh man I hate litter it makes such a mess it sticks to them and they eat it. I am still testing different litters I did look for the pellets but couldn’t find them. I do want to buy a hay rack sometime soon.
Girl get some litter.
You can try a puppy pad but I don't think it's going to work out too well.

Also you know what I was just thinking... I would move the litter box into the corner of that wall.
I'm not sure if it's true or not but I've read that bunnies like to use the bathroom in a corner area.

I would without a doubt put some type of litter in the box and think about putting the hay in something before you put it in the litter box.

Oh man I hate litter it makes such a mess it sticks to them and they eat it. I am still testing different litters I did look for the pellets but couldn’t find them. I do want to buy a hay rack sometime soon.
They also sell them as fuel for wood burning stoves. I can get a huge bag from the hardware store for $5.

I love love love the pine pellets I use.
I would not buy a hay rack I would build one...or use something found in the house.

Your setup is looking great!

Like Isadora said, don't use cat litter since it contains clay which can be fatal if ingested. You can use paper hamster and rabbit bedding, or you can use wood pellets. @Kiki uses pelleted pine litter and it's been working great.

Cat scratchers, cat tunnels, cardboard boxes, etc. are all great enrichment. Toy can be made out of cardboard rolls and tubs, and you can stuff them with hay. Here's some videos on how to make some
I've also cut and braided paper bags to make toys out of, and using cardboard scraps I've put them on a string of twine and rabbits love them. I'll see if I can find some pictures. They were like this
Rabbits also love pinecones, but be sure to put them in boiling water to rid of any harmful insects or parasites that could be in it.
Willow and apple wood sticks also make great chews and can be purchased from Amazon, petco, or Small Pet Select.

Switch out and rotate the toys every so often to keep it new and exciting for them. That way they won't become board of them easily and you won't have to make or buy new toys all the time.
By the way those videos really helped! ❤️🐰☺️

Back
Top Bottom