Bunny Question

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by RAWR, Jun 11, 2009.

1. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    Are rabbits hard to take care of? i want one as a pet/to show in the fair, and i was wondering how hard it is to take care of it. [​IMG]

2. amyc

amyc Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Jefferson, Wisconsin
    My 10 year old has two of them - I don't think they're too difficult to take care of (the chicks are more work than the rabbits!).

3. jbowen9

jbowen9 Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    southwest Virginia
    Just like anything else keep it fed,watered and clean. Keep them cooler in the summer and warm in the winter and pick the best breed that works for you. But to answer you question no their not hard to take care of

4. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    ok :] awesome and do you think the bunnys would be ok if i have westies? i have two..

5. txchickie

txchickie Songster

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    I loooove my buns [​IMG] They require about 10 minutes of "maintainence" a day, and about 15-20 every two days for a good cage scrubbing.
    But lots of love in between [​IMG]

6. CowRabbit

CowRabbit In the Brooder

May 5, 2009
    L.A/ O.C CA
    Quote:It all depends on your dogs. If they're friendly, then perfectly okay [​IMG]

I have a house rabbit, and my two dogs leave her alone, but the doggies love rabbit poo! It's like candy to them [​IMG].

ohh be sure to spay or neuter your buns if you're not breeding them, otherwise they might hump the doggies ... and everything else ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: