Bunny Questions

franciena fancy

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 25, 2013
i have a lionhead bunny Sophia,and she has been through quite a bit in her time with us including a broken foot,and a bad case of ryeneck that i got really lucky to have been able to cure.does anybody know what the average life expectancy is for lionhead bunny? Sophia lives like a princess in doors with me while her sister Emma has a house of her own in the backyard.Amazingly she stays outside yearround,enduring this New England weather with no Problem.Emma isn't a lionhead.They sure are cute though,don't you think?

Does anyone know what breed she is?

Rabbits can live 10 years or more; I've had a couple bucks that lived to be at least 12. Does usually don't live as long unless they've been spayed, but 5 or 6 years is reasonable.

The eye circles on Dwarf Hotots are usually a bit smaller and neater than Emma's. A lot of the broken Netherland Dwarfs that I have seen have very little color on them; Emma could be a broken Dwarf.

Hotot's are typically all white except for the black eyeliner.
I had one when I was in college, but she was a broken Hotot, a throw back to the black and white mottled ancestry. She was a lover, though!

Very cute bunnies!

Back
Top Bottom