burned popcorn smell...

p-u... i just checked it.

all i had in there was a cup of apple cider vinegar that i had heated last night and left in... but it still wreaks of burned popcorn.

i don't get the newspaper but i told my mom to save hers for me.

i don't have a lemon but was thinking that would be a good thing to try.

what other suggestions were there... i have to go back and see if i have the other stuff.

oh i do have vanilla and i do have baking soda... maybe i'll try those right now.

nope...just opened it and thought... but what about the light?

oh yeah...unplug the microwave. duh.

lau.gif

I agree with the lemon and water and let it boil in there then wipe down the whole microwave. We just had burned funnel cake in there and it mostly removed the smell but the wiping off skills of my daughter...

I did worse...I thought I'd try to roast garlic in the microwave and burnt it seriously bad.

It was my friends microwave though!
tongue.png
A built-in too. She said her house smelled like an Italian restaurant for months after, whenever they'd use it. NOTHING got that smell out but time!

All these years later, there's still the scorch mark on the base plate...

Baking soda?

A bowl of cat litter? (is supposed to absorb some odors)

Some of that citrus-scented cleaner?

Back when microwaves first came out my uncle put a baked potato in and set it for 40 minutes. (for some reason he didn't get that microwaves were supposed to speed up cooking....) He said when it was done it was just a little black husk and a bunch of smoke...

Back
Top Bottom