Burrowing critters, anyone have a suggestion for a cheap security cam?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by kelar, Jun 17, 2010.

1. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    We have something burrowing holes into my pens & I want to know what it is before doing something about it. We've suspected squirrels since there are a lot of them around. We've had rats in the past & they became quite bold over time where we saw them during the day. This is not the case right now, so I'm thinking it may be the squirrels instead. I've set a live trap in various places with no success, so am thinking about getting an inexpensive night vision security camera to figure out what is causing the problem. Does anyone use these, and if so can you make a recommendation? It would be used outdoors, preferably run on batteries & how the heck do you veiw the footage from these things? Any experts, please help. thanks much, Karen

2. Roy

Roy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2007
    Central Illinois
  3. Jeep Hound

Jeep Hound Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2009
    South Dakota
    Squirrels are not nocturnal.

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    google game cam there are many choices

5. calista

calista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Quote:Wow, that seems like a really good deal! I hesitated to do any research on this issue, figuring all the systems would be too expensive for my budget.

Could you tell us any tips or issues that we should know about? And thanks for posting this! It's so affordable! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by