Busted!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by thereseiam, Oct 26, 2009.

1. thereseiam

thereseiam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Durant, Iowa
    Okay, so I was on my way to haul round bales of hay, and it just so happens that the man I bought my Seramas from was only a few miles out of the way for this trip, so I was able to swing by and do both things at once.

This haul ended up taking longer than I'd planned so I called DH and asked him if he could put the chickens back in their coop for the night, since it was getting past dark. I always get worried about my girls once the daylight is gone if they aren't snug in their coop given the number of coyotes, fox, coons, and such we have around here, plus I had our Great Dane with me in the truck, and she's the best predator dog on the place.

About 10 minutes later I get a call back from DH, and without even saying "hello" he growls, "Since when do we have 30 chickens!?"

"Uh, you must have counted some twice," I tried, explaining to him that all of the battery hens look alike (well, they would to him, anyway). He hung up on me, and then called back five minutes later. "Yeah, you're right, there's only 28!" he grumbled.

Please keep in mind that while I am talking to DH on the phone, in the back seat of my truck are the 25 new Seramas I'd picked up while getting the hay, plus 12 fertile Serama eggs.

Poor man! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Does anyone else's spouse not really have a good handle on what is in your coops? I mentioned how noisy the Seramas are (not sure if it's from settling in, or if they're always that way) but I'm gonna be busted by them, too, if they keep the volume up as they are in the main barn, where hubby goes all the time. I've gotten away with the 26 hens and two roosters without being busted so far because my layer coop is behind the main barn, and DH doesn't go back that way very often.

He doesn't complain about how many hens we have when he's giving all my eggs away to his co-workers, just when he's paying the feed bill! [​IMG]

Therese

2. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    lol - too funny!
    Poor guy.

BTW, love your sig line

3. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Unless I added guineas, peacocks, ducks, or geese I don't think my wife would have a clue as to what was going on with our birds if I added several hundred.

.....Alan.

4. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    That is hilarious!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    [​IMG]

6. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Same problem here! I just never ask him to change the water or chase them back into the coop....and when he does get that "I've been had!" look, I remind him all those roosters are going away soon....

(under my breath)......to be replaced with more

7. beckyschicks

beckyschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Iron Ridge WI
    [​IMG]
    Thats great!

8. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG] Too funny!

9. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG]:lau:lau:lau:lau

10. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    My wife isn't really into the chickens, although she has come to like most of them, but NO WAY can I sneak one by her. Believe me, I've tried !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by