Busy day (mindless rambling)

Stormhorse23

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Well, today was busy. First, we went to the post office to get shipping information for chicktwit. Turns out they dont even have boxes and couldnt help with any means of shipping. Then We went to co-op and got the prices on some of the chain link panels...$193 per panel! NO WAY! Next was breakfast at Subway. Then at home, the older chicks went into their grow-up run (30sq ft) and we attached the coop which was actually just a "piece of junk" we found at the barn. Turned out to work very well. That coop and run is going to house Poet and his future mate after the chicks leave it and I can expand it. We cleaned out the bathroom and did a little physical therapy with the paralyzed sick chicks. I played a little with Peter and Wendy and watched Wendy lay her third (?) egg. It's in the bator right now because I couldn't wait. Big mama is supposed to lay today as well and that egg will go into the bator with the other two. I know I am totally careless about the chicken eggs at this point. If they hatch, cool, if not, oh well. It's the duck eggs I'm really preparing for coming from Graceful Bantams. Those, I'll watch like a hawk. My grandmother came down and held Poet for a while and looked at me like I was crazy when I was strutting around like a chicken holding a silkie in each hand
roll.png
. Anyway, I'll get photos on here later. Right now I am going to check on Big mama and see if she layed an egg. See ya'll

Last edited:
Yeah, it was interesting. Now I have to put bands on the chicks that stay and take the others to an auction on monday
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom