busy parents learning as we go

MammaBird

Hatching
May 6, 2015
Ontario
My husband and I have two daughters and a baby boy. Last year we promised the girls we would get chickens bur we never did so this spring were taking the plunge and have jumped right in. We purchased 3 day old brahm banty. Unfortunately only one lasted the night. He is still doing well a week and a half later (except for pasty butt). Then yesterday we purchased 2 5-week old easter eggers. I have so many questions! And I'm very thankful for this sites support during our newest family adventure.

Welcome to BYC. Click on 'The Learning Center' located at the top of the page. Ask any specific questions in the forum that seems most appropriate. Someone will try to help you. Good luck with your chicks.

Welcome to BYC!
Sorry your venture in to chicken keeping has been rough so far. Glad you've joined us and hope you can find the answers to your questions....we'll "talk chicken" with you all day long if you let us :)

Hi and welcome to our flock!
welcome-byc.gif

Glad you could join BYC! Sorry to hear about your losses.It is always hard to lose beloved chickens.
hugs.gif
It's good to hear that at least one is doing fine now! Good luck with your new chicks. Easter Eggers are a lovely breed that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Mine has been a very good layer and has had a docile temperament as well.
smile.png

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have! We'll be happy to help you out in any way we can.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear about your losses!
hugs.gif
Good luck with the one and the new chicks. Feel free to ask any questions. Have you checked out our learning center yet? Tons of helpful info there on raising chickens! https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy your family and flock
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom