But what am I, then?

My little 2 month old Buff is still coming up for attention the Toulouse we got at the same time same age isn't near as friendly now. and He is the talker of the 2.

My little 2 month old Buff is still coming up for attention the Toulouse we got at the same time same age isn't near as friendly now. and He is the talker of the 2.
Well, looks like the talking thing isn´t one to rely on for sexing, then
tongue.png
As regards friendliness, seems to depend on the individual. I have a young female here that´s so nosey, she always comes to say hello, and a young male that I kept that seems to be having a competition with another sister at how wary they can get when the spooky feed lady comes by......! And these are babies I used to pick up not so long ago...yet I can touch the others, both sexes, that I had less to do with, no probs. it´s individual from what I can see.
The voices, though, is what makes a big difference. I have two young males, I already mentioned them on another post, crazy pair, they´ve become like a pair, except they both want to mount each other...well, of course that tends not to end too well, and one of them does have a prettier face than the other! But that´s made me watch them so many times just to be sure, to check myself, as I think it´s weird they´ve 'paired off' when there are many females to choose from. They´re definitely two males. One of them will have to be sold to split them up, but that´s beside the point. I know they´re two males because of their behaviour and their voices. Birds!
lol.png

Well, looks like the talking thing isn´t one to rely on for sexing, then
tongue.png
As regards friendliness, seems to depend on the individual. I have a young female here that´s so nosey, she always comes to say hello, and a young male that I kept that seems to be having a competition with another sister at how wary they can get when the spooky feed lady comes by......! And these are babies I used to pick up not so long ago...yet I can touch the others, both sexes, that I had less to do with, no probs. it´s individual from what I can see.
The voices, though, is what makes a big difference. I have two young males, I already mentioned them on another post, crazy pair, they´ve become like a pair, except they both want to mount each other...well, of course that tends not to end too well, and one of them does have a prettier face than the other! But that´s made me watch them so many times just to be sure, to check myself, as I think it´s weird they´ve 'paired off' when there are many females to choose from. They´re definitely two males. One of them will have to be sold to split them up, but that´s beside the point. I know they´re two males because of their behaviour and their voices. Birds!
lol.png
Oh yes they can drive you nutty trying to figure them out. Yesterday my Toulouse gosling grabbed hold of an EE and wouldn't let go, I don't know if he would have hurt her i didn't give him a chance but He is the worse of the 2 about being a tough guy.
smack.gif
I wish some others would stand up to them but now I think they are too large for the rest of the flock to do it.

Oh yes they can drive you nutty trying to figure them out. Yesterday my Toulouse gosling grabbed hold of an EE and wouldn't let go, I don't know if he would have hurt her i didn't give him a chance but He is the worse of the 2 about being a tough guy.
smack.gif
I wish some others would stand up to them but now I think they are too large for the rest of the flock to do it.
Poor chicken! What a thug he is!
Haha, I have just one chicken that will stand up to other birds...and my dogs! she´s a big meat-bird x-breed, and is so bad-tempered. She´s pecked at me a couple of times because I´ve been slow in chucking them some food, so she got shooed off a few times, but doesn´t do it now. She´ll face-off my dogs, and the geese, too. The other day our rescue poked her nose throught the fence at the chickens...I hadn´t noticed, until I heard a yelp... I looked up and saw the dog licking her muzzle and the teradactyl chicken looking at her.....
I also have a duck that will take on up to 4 geese!
But so far, the ganders only get hold of other ganders. Normally, prob always, the other birds are just dealt with in the body-blow fashion. so funny. The geese get themselves all worked up, shaky-shaky head, then run, and .....bump!
lau.gif

Poor chicken! What a thug he is!
Haha, I have just one chicken that will stand up to other birds...and my dogs! she´s a big meat-bird x-breed, and is so bad-tempered. She´s pecked at me a couple of times because I´ve been slow in chucking them some food, so she got shooed off a few times, but doesn´t do it now. She´ll face-off my dogs, and the geese, too. The other day our rescue poked her nose throught the fence at the chickens...I hadn´t noticed, until I heard a yelp... I looked up and saw the dog licking her muzzle and the teradactyl chicken looking at her.....
I also have a duck that will take on up to 4 geese!
But so far, the ganders only get hold of other ganders. Normally, prob always, the other birds are just dealt with in the body-blow fashion. so funny. The geese get themselves all worked up, shaky-shaky head, then run, and .....bump!
lau.gif
It's a good thing we love them eh? How is your rescue doing by the way?

It's a good thing we love them eh? How is your rescue doing by the way?
She´s doing fine in a s far as settling in, is playing a lot more now, sometimes uses her more gammy leg. She´s very sweet, but I pve been struggling with a skin condition on her. I treated for fleas, in case of allergy, also changed her food to raw meat, much to the disgust of my other dogs! I can´t see that it´s scabies or mange, not quite the same, and now I´m reading up about hot spots in dogs. It´s something that´s happened since she came here. I read something yesterday about some dogs, if they get wet, can develop hot spots. Now this problem with her did start after I gave her a bath, and got worse when I gave her a second bath, as I thought it would help the worsening condition... so I´m going to look more into that. I don´t know...you try to help a poor animal, and find yourself wading around in even more problems. Today the sore places are looking drier, so that´s good progress. Goodness, can you imagine a dog that can´t get wet???!!!! Grief!

She´s doing fine in a s far as settling in, is playing a lot more now, sometimes uses her more gammy leg. She´s very sweet, but I pve been struggling with a skin condition on her. I treated for fleas, in case of allergy, also changed her food to raw meat, much to the disgust of my other dogs! I can´t see that it´s scabies or mange, not quite the same, and now I´m reading up about hot spots in dogs. It´s something that´s happened since she came here. I read something yesterday about some dogs, if they get wet, can develop hot spots. Now this problem with her did start after I gave her a bath, and got worse when I gave her a second bath, as I thought it would help the worsening condition... so I´m going to look more into that. I don´t know...you try to help a poor animal, and find yourself wading around in even more problems. Today the sore places are looking drier, so that´s good progress. Goodness, can you imagine a dog that can´t get wet???!!!! Grief!
What a pretty face. Our mixed breed that we have had almost 7 yrs now, started scratching and her skin turned red I thought is was from the heat over the winter and started putting some olive oil in her feed that didn't help just by process of elimination found out it was something in the soap I was using on her Dr Bonners that you mix with water, suppose to be fine for humans and animals well Annie was having a reaction to it, So I am trying Almond shampoo for dogs, she did have a slight reaction to it too so we'll see next time I bathe them if she continues I'll be back to the drawing board with her. They can really through us a curve can't they. Glad to hear your girls is making progress hope it continues.

Sorry if this is totally off topic, but after reading the posts about your dog, I thought that maybe I could help her. You may have already tried these things, but as the former owner of a dog with what I like to refer to as the 'Keep Me Awake All Night Itchy Dog Syndrome', I can relate !!!

Sorry if this is totally off topic, but after reading the posts about your dog, I thought that maybe I could help her. You may have already tried these things, but as the former owner of a dog with what I like to refer to as the 'Keep Me Awake All Night Itchy Dog Syndrome', I can relate !!!
Yes it is but if you have some ideas I think livin and I both would like to hear them.

What a pretty face. Our mixed breed that we have had almost 7 yrs now, started scratching and her skin turned red I thought is was from the heat over the winter and started putting some olive oil in her feed that didn't help just by process of elimination found out it was something in the soap I was using on her Dr Bonners that you mix with water, suppose to be fine for humans and animals well Annie was having a reaction to it, So I am trying Almond shampoo for dogs, she did have a slight reaction to it too so we'll see next time I bathe them if she continues I'll be back to the drawing board with her. They can really through us a curve can't they. Glad to hear your girls is making progress hope it continues.
When I first picked her up, she had what seemed to be very dirty skin in places, which I wasn´t surprised at, as she´d been out on the roads for months. Well, it´s these dirty places mainly that are developing these sore patches. Once the sore patches start to heal, her skin turns from grey to a normal pinky-white, like the rest of her skin. It could be allergic reaction to something shere she was sleeping, or the food I´ve been giving her (reasonable quality dried food), as she was on rice and beans and left-overs from people´s meals before). at the moment I´m putting coconut oil on her sore places, she seems to like it but still wants to have a little scratch afterwards. The sore places that I´ve covered with the coconut oil are healing up, but each day there´s a new sore area started. I don´t think it´s mange, as it´s over her shoulders, on her belly and on the back of her neck, which doesn´t fit the pattern for mange. We´ll get there, though. As a last resort I´ll take her to the vet, but I don´t think the vets around here know very much, they just charge you a lot of money and sell products.
Any ideas welcome!
Yes it is but if you have some ideas I think livin and I both would like to hear them.
Eggsactly! :)

Back
Top Bottom