Butcher roos

Jmcintosh23

Chirping
Aug 4, 2023
Circleville Kingston Ohio
I butchered two roos yesterday and just had them in my roasting pan with icy water and it wouldn't fit in my refrigerator so I just rinsed it off and bagged and then put them on the fridge. I just went through the process on my head and did something wrong. When rinsing I forgot to clean out the sink. O didn't put the chicken in the sink but the knife I butchered with for a second I put it in the sink and then parted the chicken with the knife. So I know when in doubt throw it. Out... I think I contaminated the chicken when I put the knife in the sink since I didn't clean the sink I basically ruined the chicken since I didn't make room in the refrigerator in the first place.. now I feel like an idiot and I hate being wasteful.. so should I even rinse the chicken in the first place.. or just do it all outside. It got late last night so I was rushing and it was almost dark out...so I tried to finish two roosters before it dark and I think I was being greedy and not planning very well.

Unless you had something very strange going on in your sink beforehand, I would eat the chicken and not give it a second thought. Since chicken has to be cooked thoroughly, it should be fine.

Edited -- meant to type "would" not "wouldn't".

Last edited:
Boy if you ever seen a slaughter house you wouldn't eat meats.
They will be fine, cooking will kill any germs from your sink.
Make sure you sanitize the sink after the chicken, the germs from the chicken can contaminate things you don't cook.
thanks you guys for putting me at ease, my husband Michael said i should be fine but you know i just had to ask

Back
Top Bottom