Butchering Time Question

Jul 15, 2018
USA
Hi y'all!! I have a quick question for ya. SInce this is my first time butchering chickens, I was wondering when to withdrawal food?? 12 hours before? 24? And what about water?? Thanks y'all for any replies!!:D

We have never withdrew food... It's usually spur of the moment for us. Lol like hey babe what's the game plan today? Idk wanna butcher a few chicken? Sure we're ate the last yard bird last week.... Or hey babe want same quail for dinner? Sure let's go butcher some.. Lol

I’d take food away over night, leave the water though. We have just butchered because they looked weak and it wasn’t much different ...... good luck did you find those super sharp knife scissors ? We love ours they cut threw bone and you can section the birds to freeze

Here they are on amazon
0B3E1F29-6BAC-445D-8D47-339479D32578.png

They come apart and they are sharp as a knives... the first one is the one we have

We have never withdrew food... It's usually spur of the moment for us. Lol like hey babe what's the game plan today? Idk wanna butcher a few chicken? Sure we're ate the last yard bird last week.... Or hey babe want same quail for dinner? Sure let's go butcher some.. Lol
That's awesome!:) I suppose whatever you want to do is what ya do! Thanks for your reply! Everyone here has been so helpful!!

I’d take food away over night, leave the water though. We have just butchered because they looked weak and it wasn’t much different ...... good luck did you find those super sharp knife scissors ? We love ours they cut threw bone and you can section the birds to freeze
Thank you for your reply!! Super sharp knife scissors??? Did I mention somethin' like that?

Back
Top Bottom