Buttercup Contest! RESULTS POSTED!!

Here's my Buttercup, Sicily, as a pullet. She lays the cutest little white pointy eggs. And, they are really tasty.

11818_chicken_launch_008.jpg

Last edited:
She started laying at 5 1/2 months. That was in mid October and she is laying real well; several eggs a week. Better than what I read about the breed.
smile.png

Edited to add:

She's also really smart and perky!

Last edited:
Hi fellow buttercup owners. I have a question for you all. I acquired a buttercup from my grand daughters class room hatch, and a polish. Do the buttercup combs tend to get frost bite during winter? I read that they do, but don't see why. My bantam really wants to be witht he big girls, but then the polish would be alone. I'm getting a friend for the polish, but am debating if I can let the buttercup be with the big girls in the coop or should I wait until spring? Thanks for your help!

Yes, well, I am in California, but I would think that they would susceptible to frost bite. I know there is a person on BYC who had the cutest Buttercup and she posted pictures of her out in the snow. You might want to search the archives as there are not that many post on Buttercups and you could find the post I'm sure and send a PM to this person to see what she did.

Quote:
I just found it-The thread is Sicilian Buttercups by Jashdon (he spells it Sicillian) and the person who posted the pic of the really cute Buttercup in the snow is keljonma

I just got a trio of Buttercups yesterday. I love the hens coloring so much! I'll see if I can get some photos of them before the contest ends. It's been cloudy and rainy here so I am hoping it dries out some now that the sun is out today.

Back
Top Bottom