Buttercups or not?

Beautiful birds, keljonma!

Gold laced Wyandottes, hey? I see the resemblance, but my birds have very trim figures and cocked-up tails...

diane

I took a look at some of the Wyandotte pics on feathersite.com. From their coloring, I think that is what your birds are. Our Gold Laced Wyandotte looked somewhat like yours.

Maybe the breeder was working on a new variety of Wyandottes as well as breeding Buttercups?

Good morning. Now that I have gone through the denial period, I will have to agree that, yes, they are Golden-Laced Wyandottes. Beautiful, fun, healthy, but not what I was looking for...
hmm.png

So now I have to decide what to do--keep 'em? Sell 'em? If so, for how much? I have been feeding them strictly organic...

...And I am back in the market for Sicilian Buttercups. I emailed the person I bought these guys from, to see if she ended up with five more Buttercups than she was expecting. Maybe she'd be willing to swap...

Diane

I can see why you would say that, after loking at a few photos of the Dark Cornish, but mine are looking more and more like the Wyandottes.

The dealer I bought them from said she would notify the hatchery where she made the purchase, so I guess she was also unaware of the mix-up. We will see what happens...

Meanwhile, I should count my blessings. Cold hardy, and with any luck I'll have eggs in a few weeks...

Diane

Back
Top Bottom