Butterfly

witchwriter

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 18, 2014
bushnell, fl
I've got 6 ladies and one of them is just a butterfly chaser. she just dances to the beat of her own drum. she'll be wandering around, looking at stuff or even fall asleep somewhere and the flock will leave her. Sometimes it takes her a good 10-15 minutes to realize she's alone. then she gets busy searching for the rest of the flock. if she can't find them she knows to come wait on the porch cuz they will eventually come home for food but she is so funny. they are about 16 weeks now and i haven't named any of them because they will eventually become food once they quit laying; but, her name is now butterfly. LOL this happens a good 4-5 times a day :)

Last edited:
we've raised deaf dogs before and it just occurred to me that butterfly may be deaf. i googled it and of course was brought to a thread here :) so when they come in this evening i will check her and see. i so appreciate the knowledge everyone here shares so freely
woot.gif

she is "different" alright ;) i brought her in to try and determine if she was deaf or not but to no avail. she was scared because they really aren't lap birds - wishing i had handled them more as babies but hubby keeps reminding me they are food so i keep my distance or they will never make it to the freezer. i will continue to just watch after her more closely than the others and make sure she is safe. she knows where home is so i am not worried about her getting lost while they are out foraging for food. there is pasture land all around us so cars are not an issue - its the hawks i worry about. my ladies tend to hang to the fence line under the bushes. she's the first one i have become attached to :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom