Button boinked and then died!

spotsplus

Songster
11 Years
Sep 29, 2008
Tarboro, NC
I was switching a juvenile male button from one house to the next when he boinked (not unexpected), had a seziure and died within 30 seconds! In all my years of having quail, I've never have one just die like that. Sorry, Zoey, I'll miss you!

I was switching a juvenile male button from one house to the next when he boinked (not unexpected), had a seziure and died within 30 seconds! In all my years of having quail, I've never have one just die like that. Sorry, Zoey, I'll miss you!

I had a St Bernard once, my brother tossed her a tomato slice and she leapt to catch it, hit the ground dead as a hammer.

yep they break their necks all the time when startled. I keep a cover on the top of my enclosure so they see it and dont boink up sometimes they will jump to the side but not up. Sorry for your loss. Silly birds.

Attach a piece of window screen a few inches below the ceiling not too tight but not loose (make sure it can't possibly touch the ceiling). When they hit it, it will absorb some shock. It's not death proof but it will help.

Back
Top Bottom