Button chick behaviors...

mhwc56

Songster
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
my house in maryland
Is it a submission thing when a CBBQ crouches down,kind of on it's side and looks up at another chick that has come over and stood over it? i have also seen along with this behavior where the 1 that's standing over top of the crouching 1 will put it's foot down on it's neck.

another behavior i've seen is my white( most often) 1 will try to walk UNDER the standing up body of another chick,the way it's done it seems like there's some significance to it....?

and also i have noticed that some of the chicks try to give other chicks pieces of their aspen shavings ...
ideas?

They grow up fast don't they?
I've noticed when mine are old enough to pair up that some- but not all- will flatten themselves in a humble manner towards a potential mate. The females "offer themselves" lol, as my friend calls it. Some of the chicken hens do this in front of me when I feed them. Silly birds.

I have 3 adult cinnamon males living together that I call the "Cinna-Johns"....and all they do is feed each other all day. Especially when lettuce comes in! "Chork, chork, chork, chork!" That reminds me...are they making any little sounds like that when they are holding food?

It sounds like mating rituals. The males will start to show the girls that they are worthy around this age
smile.png

Quote:
DARN I WAS GONNA SAY "YOU NEED TO WATCH SOMETHING OTHER THAN 3 WK OLD CHICKS... TOO
sad.png

JUST KIDDING
smile.png

TO THE OP==== WHAT SHE SAID! (SORRY I DONT DO PIGMY'S
idunno.gif
)

I sort of do, if you count one male button that gets to have a play date once a year with my friend's button gals on his birthday. It's getting along with my sun conure.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom